Pages

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Art Opening for Reva Myers Shemanski



Gallery 400 is proud to present new art work by painter Reva Myers Shemanski. Art opening is Friday, November 13, 2009, 6pm - 8pm.

Reva's Artist's Statement: My paintings are about the way light illuminates the life within. Whether it be a human form, a flower, or a stone, the way the light falls upon my subjects shows the path taken to get to this point, the growth and weathering of a thousand experiences. On this map of a journey I can see the handwriting of a learge order of existence and this map is what I render in color, light and shadow. My eyesight is quite limited and I tend to focus on small details that others prehaps overlook. On this microcosmic level, I find it interesting that the shapes that make up any subject are the same.

Although I do take and refer to photographs to achieve the level of realism I desire to paint, I do not project the photographs in any way onto the canvas. these images are my interpretation of what I see.

No comments:

Post a Comment